Share | 

Please help me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ume

PostSubject: Please help me   Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:01 am

Hi,
As I searched the internet, to find out, how can I play FEZ after the shut down of the american server, and I found this forum. Here I find many interesting thing, for example screenshots, and thoose looks like you still can play FEZ. From an Asian server I think.
So please help me, how can I use that server, and play the game again. There, as I know no American servers, and no Europian servers, - Note: I'm from Europa, more accurately from Hungary. - and I don't know, how to use the other servers. May I need special things for use it? Or what?
And sorry if my english is bad.
Realy thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:26 pm

The only non ip blocked server is HKFEZ. There's a guide for hkfez on the FEZ Wikia if you want to play HK. Link to the Client is there ->FEZ HK Client.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Still something wrong   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:59 am

I downloaded the files (Newest client (ver3)), extracted them, installed them, then replaced the "DATA" folder, and the "FEZero_Client" file with those from the "Manual patching" folder (June 7th). Then tried to start the game... It tries to upgrdate itself... but suddenly stops upgrading. I tried again, and again nothing happens.
Made I something wrong?
For example I dont have the chinese language pack. Or replaced something that should't have been? Or what? Please help.

And another question...after somebody helps me solve the first problem. How can I create an account?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 am

How is it updating is it updating a certain number of files or just failing when you start it up? Also you might want to try again since there was a maintenance last night.

edit:you can create an account with this guide (sorry i forgot about this when reading your post) http://fantasyearthzero.wikia.com/wiki/New_registration_method_(without_beanfun)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:45 am

It starts to update the first file (only 2 files needs to update), the loading blue something jumps to 50%, then the upper blue loading something slowly starts, goes, but before it can reach 100% it falls below, sometimes tries again, and again. I tried it again, and still the situation is the same...
But! It maybe a server maintence, because when I tried it yesterday evening, it reached a higher percent, than mornig - but still not enough.
So maybe, if it is because of the server maintence, when will the maintence ends? Or, if its ended already, what is the problem? Oh... about the time - we are in the Central-Europian Time zone, so maybe the maintence not happens the same time, as in other time zones...or it doesn't matter?

And I can't create an acount... I tried it, I writed username, password, e-mail, ect. then activated it, with the e-mail's link. It replied: registratoin complete...but when I tried to enter, entered username, password, and the code... but is says: The account or password you entered is incorrect! What made I wrong? ...Username = Account neme? Or that was the problem? If yes, what is the Account name?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:16 am

If there's a maintenance then patcher will just fail upon opening it. If its loading and failing you might want to try switching your ip address with an ip from hongkong and see if that works (or using a proxy). I'm a little curious to know what 2 files need updating if you can post what they are I can update the manual patch since the current manual patch is based off a client updated in December. (I have also uploaded a new client with all the files updated if you cant wait long for the client to update)

As for the registration issue..try checking all of your caps and what-not.

Account Name = Username

I'll try to help more but I can't really help as quickly as possible much since our time zones seem very spread apart.

Old guide to using a proxy http://muerte.yurikoma.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2 (If this doesn't work then try downloading the new client here, this one doesn't require the manual patch)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 am

Well, registration causem a little trouble for me, because, I can't enter the GASH with the account I created, but I don't know what is the problem, because both username, and password must be correct, or maybe I mispelled somethig when I created the account...oh but when I wanted to create a new, it says, for my e-mail adress, that: "E-mail has been used" - what is a correct information, but I don't know, why can't I create another account with the same e-mail adress. Ok, so I need to create another e-mail adress too, or is there any way to create another account without a new e-mail adress?

And with the client...I don't know, how to use proxys and change ip adress, and because this is not my computer but my grandfather's I'm a bit afraid changing anything with the internet's settings. Or are my afraids unfounded? I'm not wery good at servers, and other internet somethings.
...So because of is, I downloaded the new client, but they don't wants to work...the files names looks weird also; "Gamania.7z.001", and "Gamania.7z.002" - I think there is too much dots. I tried to rename them, removing the secound dot and the 001, 002, but still my Winrar can't unpack them, it said the file is broken, or the archiwe is corrupted or something, I don't know. So please look at them.

And as I watched the files names, that the updater trying to download...(when I try it in my user account in the computer the one, and when I tried in my grandpa's user account, the another files name appeared) So the names are the folowing: "DATA\dat.pak:6.7MB" and "DATA\monster04.pak:9.6MB" Can you use this information?

...Oh, and sorry for I'm so troublesome, or something
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 am

I remember there was a way to recover ID's and passwords but I don't remember how...You can only use one email for 1 account its the way how games generally are. I'm sorry I can't help with the registration process that well.

Well you don't have to use a proxy to update. As for the 7zip files, it's my fault here since I forgot to add to the README do not rename it or else the files will fail to extract. Renaming should fix it you need to rename the files properly though. The file that is 200MB should be Gamania.7zip.001 and the one that is 101 MB should be Gamania.7zip.002

Weird... I believe I uploaded the updated dat.pak in the manual patch..anyways I'll upload it on my mediafire account and give it you. (thanks for the info the manual patch missing monster04) mediafire.com ?loqfd7t668y9p Just add these files to your DATA folder and it should work. If it continues to update tell me.

It's not really a problem, I just wanted some feedback on the manual patch since there really isn't any on the wikia. Plus this information does help other players get to HKFEZ faster. I'll try my best towards getting the client to work since I get a bit lost on the gamania website. So I can't guarantee that I can help with logging into Gamania.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Ok, updates comlete! But there was a third file needed to update "DATA\monster05.pak:6.2MB". It updated itself, without problem - costed a bit time, but updated. Then the start button becomed active. But when I click it, the updater disappear, but the starting screen not appears. What I need to do?

And what to do with the 7z files? Are they important to start the game? Or another (a newer) client?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Alright that's nice to know. To get rid of the black screen problem just download the latest version of direct x. Found here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
Oh the 7zip files were just a completely updated client since you have the client working, its no longer needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:53 am

Again one step closer...but still don't wants to work. I downloaded, and installed the DirectX. Then started the game... clicked on the downloader's start button, then a program, named nProtect Game Guard appeared, updated some thing ( 8 sometings if I remember correctly). Then the Starting Screen appeared, it looks good, even the music is working...but when I click on the buttons the starting screen disappears and nothing happens. I tried both buttons, no one of them makes anything, just shut down the starting screen. Oh, one of the buttons is the exit button, so that button wors well, but the other button...

What is the problem? Is the client old? Or need to install something too? Or what?

Oh...and about the account, what is better, Beanfun, or GASH?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Add FEZ to exceptions for the antivirus and firewall. In the most extreme scenario temporarily disable your antivirus to play FEZ. Also if you kaspersky antivirus you'll need to uninstall it since kaspersky has a vendetta against FEZ apparently. Let me know if this works.

After you get past the start button its no longer a client problem.

Beanfun and Gash are basically the same thing. With the exception that you can easily make more FEZ accounts on Beanfun! launcher with one Beanfun/Gash account rather than logging onto the website itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 am

Ok, half of the problem is solved (I hope), I created an account for FEZ (on GASH, with a new e-mail adress) - maybe the GASH's problem was that, my another e-mail adress was "...citromail.hu" <-- as you see, this is a hungarian e-mail service, and maybe not compatible with theese Hongkongian programs - So I created a Gmail account (what is ".com") and registred first Beanfun, but that asked me do download many things, so I tried out GASH with my Gmail adress...and it worked!

Then created a FEZ account...looks great...

But (I think, because of the Server maintence) I can't start the game. It says that downloading 3 files... the first one is "DATA\dat.pak:6.7MB". The updater downloads it circa 99%, then stops. I'll try again after the maintance.

I made some thigs with the antivirus program (not kaspersky, AVG - in grandpa's computer, home, in my computer I use NOD32...I think that's better than AVG, what I don't realy know) So I tried to do some settings in AVG...and after the maintence, we'll se, if they working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Patch 6/19 uploaded mediafire.com ?e3tv3cs227pc8 <-link Now lets see if you can log in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:48 am

Step by step...oh, still an important step is missing.
Ok, updates are complete (with thoose files in your link).
I click on the updater's start button, nProtect Game Guard apears, then the game menu appears, with the 2 buttons; start, and exit. Exit works well, but start no...
I tried to do something with the AVG antivirus's settings, I did somethings, even tried to block the antivirus for a bit time, but still, the game don't wants to start. Note: I don't know AVG antivirus, so maybe I didn't do something well.
Or maybe not the antivirus is the problem. Firewall is not in this computer, only the window's firewall, but that is off too.

Ok, pleeeeaseeee, ...sooo cloooose, to the start of the game... just a tiny step...help please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:46 am

Cause of this may seem a little different...Do you have anything running in the background that might stop FEZ from running?

AVG has been weird to me multiple times when I used it...(Yes, I experienced this problem when I first started my HKFEZ;however, some of my friends have told it has not worked for them. So the case may be different for you.)

Add to execeptions AVG ->Tools->Advanced Settings ->Identity Protection ->Allowed List ->Add Fezero.exe path

If this doesn't work try disabling AVG protection go to temporarily disable AVG protection and check the box and select the amount of time
Tools->Advanced Settings ->Temporarily Disable AVG Protection

Usually the firewall doesn't block the game, I just wanted to make sure if that is the case. Well since you got to the start screen something/program is blocking you from playing FEZ. (Usually that would be the antivirus)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:21 am

I tried both things with the antivirus, and still, after the the clicking on the start button on the starting screen (not in the updater), It disappears.

In the backgroung Mozilla Firefox runs, and maybe some other things, that I can't see (only with task manager) I don't thing mozzilla is the problem, but I'll try start the game, without firefox runs in the backgroung. - I tried it, still don't wans to start.

Oh, I think, not the antivirus is the problem...what else could be the problem? You said you had the problem too, when you first started HKFEZ, so, what did you do, to solve the problem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Well last time I just added FEZ to exceptions and it worked but that was a long time ago.I honestly don't know how to fix this. Sorry for not finding an immediate solution, I'll continue trying to find ways for it to work. Also if the game just closing or is an error code appearing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Just closing...more accurately just disappearing. No error code.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Damn I'm now a little lost on way to do, so I might just try random solutions now...By the way what version of Windows are you using? Also try running FEZ in Compatibility mode for Windows XP. Right Click FEZ - Compatibility -> check run this program in compatibility scroll to windows xp.

There's also changing the locale but I doubt changing the system locale will do anything..but you can always try that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 am

Windows XP, service pack 3. I tried to change the compatibility, but that does't worked. Note: According to the informations of the game, it is compatible with the XP.

Still nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:40 pm

>.< Try to get help from somewhere else now while I try to find a solution since its taking me a while to find one .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:02 am

Oh, but where somewhere else? Most forums even don't know about the Honkongian server. ...I tried, but most of the forums are old (from 2010, or 1011 - februar, march), and their informations mostly outdated.

Can the problem that be, that I don't have Chinese language pack in the computer. I'll install it soon, if I can.

And another idea; there are a button in the updater, the "Game Settings" button, maybe if I change the settings? Will that help?

Is the program named Beanfun necessary for the game? Even if I have GASH account, not Beanfun?

Or any other program that is necessary?

And...you are from America, right? Some programs maybe runs diffrent in america, so, if we can solve this problem of start the game in Europa...maybe the 2 ways are not exactly the same. Or what do you think? ...Because you said, that you had this problem too, when you started the at the first time...Ok, ...maybe the method of starting the game is the same? Or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm

You can try downloading the Chinese language pack for XP if you like, the game uses Traditional Chinese HK SAR.

Changing game settings really only changes the interface/texture of the game so it really won't do anything

Beanfun isn't necessary, also beanfun and gash account are the same thing

Well considering the game is disappearing on pressing start that wouldn't be the case. Also my friend from Europe connected much more easier than I could. However I don't have any contact with him anymore so I can't ask him for help.

I haven't found a solid solution yet, so I'll keep looking.
edit: Trying running FEZ though the Beanfun! launcher, you will need to select the path for FEZ before you start the game though. It should be a little orange button besides the start button in the Beanfun launcher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:41 am

Beanfun laucher? What's that? I downloaded something Beanfun! something, but that does nothing else, than lauches the browser with a page of Beanfun, and says to download somethings to run, or I don't know. Maybe that Beanfun laucher in not this, so, from where can I download that Beanfun laucher?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   

Back to top Go down

Please help me
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Improvement Center :: Questions, Comments and Concerns~-
Jump to: