HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Please help me

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Sorry I didn't realize that the launcher was now integrated into the web browser. First you must run beanfun as admin with Chinese locale. You'll need to download an extension of applocale (actual applocale isnt really needed for HFapplocale) download HFapplocale here After that go to the beanfun page to games and look for FEZ hit start and the game should start with the general game launcher. Hopefully you can get pass start this time. Have you downloaded the Chinese support yet?

If the above doesn't work then try changing your system locale to Chinese Traditional HK S.A.R.

I'm just throwing random things out helping that it helps. I'm hoping that'll work! Just in case~.... can I know what resolution your using? Both game and the moniter resolution would help. Can I assume you're using Windows XP 32 bit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

Hmm...sounds as this is the problem...expecialy for this:

"Note: Asian language support is a prerequisite to run any Japanese games on Windows XP (it doesn't matter whether you use HF pAppLoc, change regional settings, use AppLocale or NTLEA - you still have to install Asian language support to make it run)."

I think, even, if this actualy not Japanese, but Chinese.

Oh...but momently I don't realy know, where is my XP CD, If, I found it, I'll install the east asian languages...oh...know you any page, where from I can download it, so don't waste much time for the search of the CD? If not, that also no problem, I'll found it soon...I hope...

Sorry, for theese problems.

And, yes, your presumption was correct: Windows XP (service pack 3) and 32 bit. What can you this information use for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:20 pm

This could help Not a download link but a guide steps 1-5 are the ones for the East Asia support the other steps are needed if you want to type in Chinese.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Oh, again can't update the updater the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:44 pm

A new client as been created. I will upload the new client on mediafire so you will need to get rid of your rid old since it won't connect to the server. I will post the link here and on the FEZ wikia when my upload is finished. (FEZ client 20120627 file and my folder will be uploaded).

EDIT: new client link mediafire.com ?wu33ccxyk1gkt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:34 am

Downloaded it, unistalled the older client (the whole game - maybe this is the problem?) and then installed the newer client. The Updater works good, but, when I click the start button, the game disappears. What is the problem?

Oh, and another problem is, that I still don't have the Chinese language pack...I found my XP CD, but when I tried to intall the East asian languages from the CD, the computer said, This is XP sp. 3, you need the XP sp. 3 installer CD. But I don't know where is my XP sp. 3 CD. Tried to downoad from the internet (from the Mycrosoft's downloader homepage or something) but the file I downloaded...it was broken, and I can't extract it fully...and because of this; 3/4 of the language pack is missing...what should I do? From where can I download it?

Sorry for my troubles...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Is this from the launcher or login screen still? It's a newer client so uninstalling the old one shouldnt do anything. Sadly, I had several problems at with launcher a couple of times. Try launching it again it wouldn't launch the first time I tried.

Did you go to Regional Settings -> Selecting East Asian Support -> Selecting the location of the CD?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Ok, 2/3.

Created an account.

Installed the East asian language pack (finally)!

...but still 1/3 of the things is missing...the game does not start. The updater replies no download necessary (?) - actually it replies only a whole bunch of "?" - even now with the asian language pack, but unlocks the start button. But if I click on it, the updater disappears, and the starting screen not appears. Note: even the settings button doesn't work; if I click it, it replies "Error".

Another note: I not yet installed HFapplocale you gived me, if I install it that will work?

Or any other program important for the running of the game? Another DirectX? Some ".pak" files? Some other game files? Or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:50 pm

I believe no new updated version of directx has shown up yet....since I haven't updated mine in a while and I can still start it. Just keep trying to start the client until gameguard shows up, the client wouldn't start for me multiple times when I started it,but it finally got started once and kept working. For the record are you launching the game directly from the Gamania folder or the Fantasy Earth Zero shortcut that was made when you installed the latest client? (You may need to change system locale around....ie: Mine only works in English (U.S. locale and no other locale....)

HFapplocale is only necessary when using beanfun to run the game in a non-Chinese locale. FEZ won't run with HFapplocale since Gameguard detects it as a 3rd party program and will block it. No new pak files or game files are needed since there was no immediate patch after running the game so nothing should be corrupted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:57 pm

I try to lauch the game trough it's shortcut icon on the desktop, could that be the problem?
If yes? Then how other way I should try to start the game?

Oh...and maybe about the newest client prolblem is not only my problem...maybe more peope don't know, what to do, because the "current map" looks weird, as like nobody is in the game...or I don't know...maybe just the "current map" is not so "current"...do you know what is the cause of this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

You'll need to make a new shortcut from the Gamania folder where you installed FEZ. If you installed FEZ using the installer then it should be C:/ProgramFiles/Gamania/FantasyEarthZero go to FeZero and create a new shortcut. For some reason the shortcut that the installer created doesn't work too well.

What do you mean by current map? I'm not understanding this too well. Are you referring to current map on Gamania's website or the current map on the game? Also its 4:00am Sunday in HongKong so I doubt anyone would be on at this time except for foreigners which isn't really a massive amount.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 am

Soooo clooose....

Created a new shortcut, and started the game from it. And it started!
The updater unlocked the start button, I clicked on it, the updater disappeared, nProtect Game Guard appeared, checked some things, then the starting screen appeared. I clicked the start button, and it enabled me, to log in! I logged in with my account created on GASH / (FEZ account). It accepted it! The character choosing screen appeared (firt without any character - as it should be), I created a new character, then tried to start the game wit that character...firs nothing happened just the screen was all black, only the cursor culd be seen (and music could be heard). I exited the game (with alt+F4), then started again; updater, strarting screen, login, choosed the character, tried to start the game...and it let me choose of the nations (I choosed Netzaware) and clicked the OK button. Then the screen becomed black, and while only the cursor was seeable; the cursor said "please wait..." I waited, and suddenly an error messange appeared...I clicked OK, and the game exited... Tried again a few times, sometimes error messange apeared after a bit waiting, sometimes nothing apeared, but still the game doesn't started.
Here is a picture of the error masenge:
(note the black sreen too, behind the messenge)

Do you know what is the problem?

Note: My character's name is exactly the seme as my old character's name was (in the American server), but because the game doesn't asked me tho change the character's neme because "there already a such named character" I don't think, that this could be the problem.

I tried blocking the antivirus temporarily too, but still the game doesn't started after the character choosing screen.

So, do you know what is the problem?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:09 pm

I can't really pinpoint the problem in this since I really never had this problem at all. (I don't know Chinese so I don't know what the message means..) Although I had the black screen screen in the continent map though I couldn't really find what was causing it though. Have you checked if all of graphic drivers are updated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Black screen in the continent map? You had it too? Maybe this is that? Oh, if yes, how could I get rid of it?

What do you mean by "checking all the graphic drivers' updated"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm

I really don't have an idea how I did it. I don't remember I blocked AVG's resident shield or add the entire folder to exceptions. I remember I disabled AVG once and worked so long it was disabled. Since its not working for you I really don't know also I never got the error code whenever I got a black screen on continent map. By graphic drivers I referring if your graphics card has its drivers upto date but I'm sure thats not the case.

edit: found something on the JPwiki. are you using wireless internet to play HKFEZ? On the JPwiki says that this error is caused by a bad connection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:20 am

Gotcha!

Yes! Exeptions, that was the problem! I added it to the antivirus's exeptions (some other way I tried yesterday) and with this way, the game started!

It looks good!

Thank you very much, for all your help!

It is possible to ask other questions here, if I have problems with the game again. But for the time being...Thank you very much!

Oh, and I return of your help, can I help you in the Wiki pages? At firs, creating an article about, how can solve the problem of playing from Europe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Yes, I'll answer other questions if you need it here. I can't really help you too much in game since I'm from another nation/ not as active anymore. If you want to help out with the wiki pages that's up to you since I don't have any moderating power over the wiki I posted however the one I founded I can stop you. It's generally better to put your issues in the general issues or errors area. I believe that wikia doesn't one page for that yet..And I'll need to add a common issues area to the readme for the clients.

My greatest irony is that I help that wikia at the expense of the one I founded =/

New Community Forums This link is pretty a new English HK community forums. They seem to more interested in helping you in game rather than getting started with the client. If you need specific questions about HKFEZ ask there. Since I can really only help with getting started with the game.

Tutorial guide is ->here or you can just look at FEZ client page on the wiki =/

Feel free to ask any other questions it's good data for wiki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acezx

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey ume, I wanted to talk to about on how u got your fez to work. I'm trying to help a friend out that has the same problem that u had. If i can meet you in game and talk to you about it more. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 am

I'm full of ears. What's the problem? Write it here, if we miss each other in the game. I'll help if I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 am

...Oh, looks like I also need help again. Yesterday, and today I can't start the game. I tried it, but when I click on "start the game with the selected character" button, then the screen becomes black and empty, sometimes saying "please wait" sometimes saying nothing...music can be heard, and after a bit waiting - if said "please waid" before - saiys an error mesange (I think - but not sure - the same as before), if said nothing, not says anything, but - never mind how many time I wait -, does nothing. Did anything changed, need to install something too, or what?

Maybe the problem is with the internet? Is that too slow? If yes, what can I do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nothing09

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Trying add FEZ to your DEP exceptions. Apparently some else tried this and worked. Just add FEZ to the DEP exceptions, you can follow this guide here

Also how did you add the game to exceptions to allow it to work in the first place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Acezx

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:49 pm

We got it to work, thanks. Also ume u can't get in n u get the black screen cuzz hk is having some bad connection and u will get kick so u may need to wait a bit until it gets back on it's feet again lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:57 am

Looks like problem solved...looks like in weekends the servers are near full, and that's because hard to start the game. Today the game started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renzo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:06 am

Hey Ume I remember you! You're Peter right? 8D Whazzuuuupppp cheers

Ume

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 am

Haha, Renzo, good to hear you again. After more than a year, I returned this game! That I need to thank this forum too. ...Oh, but about this forum...it's a bit abandoned i think. Did you stopped to play with this game? Or just the editing of this forum? ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me   

Back to top Go down

Please help me
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Improvement Center :: Questions, Comments and Concerns~-
Jump to: